The customer is not always right
At A story to tell ... sometimes the customer is not always right. This doesn't mean that ASTT staff are right, though. It's a little more complicated, a little more subtle, and much more rewarding than that.
Even though we offer manyservices that can be quite separate or part of a suite, our customers come to us for one thing: to improve their work. We do this by providing feedback on the material presented to us, be it a website, a profile, an essay, a short story, a novel, a memoir, a business book or a series of blogs. Sometimes concrete material is scant and we discuss the ideas behind the motivation for the proposed work. That's fun!
Feedback can challenge our customers - either writers or people with big ideas - in a number of areas, including but not limited to:
- Reconsidering their approach
- Exploring ideas more deeply
- Clarifying long-held ideas
- Expanding their strengths
- Working with their weaknesses
- Improving written expression
- Developing a confident voice
- Establishing a clearer structure
- Engaging the reader more quickly
- Becoming more confident about who they are and what they're presenting to the world.
Yes, that last one's a biggie! But it's true. In the developmental work we undertake with our writers and business owners, we help clarify the reason they're doing what they do. And you know what? This part is free! This growth comes naturally with learning about self through writing and developing ideas. And the loveliest thing? ASTT staff are doing it too! Yes, the customer is not always right, and nor are we. Working with A story to tell ... is collaboration at its best.
May your words pour onto the page,